Development Coordination Committee (DCC)
DCC is the apex body constituted by Sr. DDG, TEC, which is consist of industry representatives drawn from different Service Providers and Associations. Separate DCC shall be constituted for each of the aforesaid disciplines. Being a technical body, special effort is needed to identify appropriate experts in industry for nomination to DCC. DCC is the final body for recommending GR/IR/SR for approval of Sr. DDG, TEC.
Technical subjects dealt by TEC are sub-divided into seven broad disciplines:-
a. Next Generation Network (Core Networks, Interoperability between networks Associated Services & Applications)
b. Transmission (Optical, Radio, Satellite transport for Core, Edge and Access)
c. Future Networks (Access and Terminals)
d. Information Technology (LAN, WAN, Routers, Switches, IP TV, etc.)
e. Terrestrial Wireless Access (GSM, CDMA, WiMAX, WiFi, Spectrum, etc.)
f. Fixed Access (Cable, Power Plant, Towers, Antennas).
A DCC member is ordinarily from the top management of an organization capable of articulating the vision, plan and objective of his/her organization.
Each DCC has a nominated DDG of TEC as its Convener. Any DCC may have more than one DDG as member depending upon the subjects dealt with. Steering of specific subjects within a discipline is carried out by the concerned DDG. For inter-disciplinary co-ordination, the convener of a DCC may invite any other DDG to attend any of the scheduled meetings. He may also depend upon certain special invitees to provide expert advice or engage in any of the debates.
Experts from users/service providers are nominated, by name, by Sr. DDG, TEC, on a yearly basis. An expert cannot nominate an alternate member.
DCC may be reconstituted at any time by Sr. DDG, TEC, if found necessary.
Functions of DCC
DCCs is responsible for recommending formulation of a new GR/IR/SR. They also recommend review or withdrawal of any GR/IR/SR. Being an Apex body, DCCs provide vision for future network elements or technologies and provide necessary guidance to its respective DCC Sub-Committee which engages in technical deliberations and helps in preparation of documents. DCCs may also initiate work on national level plans and give their recommendations to TEC.
Working of DCC
- Meetings of DCC takes place quarterly. Meeting can be convened earlier also, if required.
- Pre-DCC Drafts, along with comments from Manufacturers’ Forum, and of DDGs of TEC, are sent to all members, at least 15 days before the date of meeting.
- Minor modifications to clauses of existing document that may require urgent disposal are also circulated at least 7 days before the meeting.
- In every meeting all cases of GRs/IRs/SRs including Pre-DCC Drafts along with other associated information (such as comments of MF and DFC Group) are discussed.
- Member or an alternate member, present in a meeting, represents his/her organization, and his/her opinion shall be treated as final as of his/her organization.
- All members are expected to come prepared for meetings. They are also expected to send their comments on the document, well in advance to help arrive at conclusions in the meeting.
- DCC approves the document with modifications, if any, in a maximum of two meetings. The document, so formulated, are called Draft GR/IR/SR.
- Convener of DCC issue the minutes of DCC meetings, including additional comments (if any) of the members, within 15 days of the meeting.
- Draft GR/IR/SR, along with minutes of DCC meeting, are put up to Sr. DDG, TEC, for approval.
- After approval of the draft by Sr. DDG, TEC, the final document is referred to as GR/IR/SR.
|Members of DCC of FA Division||Members of DCC of IT Divison||Members of DCC of MT Division|
|Members of DCC of FN Division||Members of DCC of R Division||Members of DCC of NGS Division|
|Members of DCC of T Division|