FORMULATION OF TSTP
- Respective Core Groups in TEC prepares Draft Test Schedule and Test Procedure (TSTP) for Type Approval, covering all the parameters of GR/IR/SR. In this process manufacturers shall also be consulted.
- Draft TSTP is put up to Sr. DDG, TEC, for approval, after which it shall be referred to as Provisional TSTP.
- The procedure and tests are validated through first testing of a relevant network element or a system. After carrying out modifications, if required, the Provisional TSTP shall be finalised.
- A new GR/IR/SR would normally be finalised within six months from the date of preparation of TEC draft.
PROCEEDINGS OF MEETINGS
- Maximum use of electronic mode of transfer of documents, comments, etc., are relied on. All notices for meetings, relevant documents, and communications are sent electronically to all the members. All members are also expected to send their comments electronically.
- Members may exchange/discuss documents before sending their comments to committees.
- All relevant documents, minutes of meetings, correspondences, and information, is also available on the website of TEC
- All the recommendations of the committees, forums, and groups shall be finalised through consensus, as far as possible, rather than through taking votes, to ensure safeguarding interests of all the stakeholders.
- In all matters arising out of the Committee work, the convener is the official spokesman for the respective committee.
- It is desired that the discussions during the meetings and their records are treated confidential by all the members as well as by the participating organizations.Opinions expressed during the meetings, including supportive data, are accepted in good faith by TEC, and is kept confidential.
- Framework for formulation of documents is sufficiently flexible to cover all stakeholders, viz., service providers, manufacturers, developers, vendors, etc.
- All expenses incurred by nominees for participating in various proceedings and interactions, is borne by participating organizations.
MODIFICATIONS TO GR/IR/SR DOCUMENT
- Any modification to a document can be taken up based on first equipment testing, field trial, or feedback received from service providers/user organizations. Comments from DCC members shall be obtained either in a meeting or through circulation. Modifications to GR/IR/SR shall be approved by Sr. DDG, TEC, as Amendments to GR/IR/SR.
WITHDRAWAL OF GR/IR/SR
- There may be need to withdraw a document due to supersession by a new document, technology obsolescence, equipment not in use, or any other reason. On the advice of service provider(s), any member of DCC, DoT, or TEC, GR/IR/SR is discussed in DCC. It is withdrawn after recommendation of DCC and approval of Sr. DDG, TEC.
REVIEW OF GR/IR/SR
- Review of a document is taken up normally every three years. A document can be reviewed earlier also due to advancement in technology, service providers’/user organizations’ inputs, or on advice of DoT. TEC can suo-moto take up review of documents based on worldwide developments and trends in telecommunications. Review of a document follows same steps as outlined for framing of a document.