Internet of Things (IoT)
About IoT Division
New division with the name of Services & Development (S&D) was created in July 2013. It started working on Machine to Machine Communication (M2M) and released nine Technical Reports in this domain in year 2015. It was later re-named as Internet of Things (IoT) division in December 2015.
- Study of Machine to Machine (M2M) communications / Internet of Things (IoT) to finalize specifications for Indian ecosystem in sync with global SDOs.
- Framing GR / IR/ ER for the devices related to M2M / IoT domain.
- Providing technical / policy inputs to DoT, BIS, TSDSI, NITI Aayog and MoHUA on M2M / IoT and 5G related issues
- Preparing Technical Papers.
- Focus Areas:
- Finalising IoT standards for Smart Cities.
- Adoption of OneM2M standards transposed by TSDSI.
- Participation & submitting contributions in ITU-T Study Group (SG)-20. ITU-T SG-20 is on IoT and its applications in Smart Cities & Communities < Click here>.
- MTCTE (Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments) : Essential Requirements (ERs) of M2M / IoT devices and Gateways covered in MTCTE.
- Expansion of IoT Experience Center
- Achievements :
- M2M / IoT Technical Reports.
- Important actionable points emerged from the technical report.
- ITU use case documents converted in to ITU-T standards (click here)
- Essential Requirements(ERs) for Smart Devices.
- Study Papers on M2M / IoT.
- Conference on M2M / IoT Enabling Smart Infrastructure held on 8th January 2019 in TEC.
- IoT Experience Center inaugurated by Advisor TEC on 27th Sept 2019. (click here).
- National Telecom M2M Roadmap, released by DoT in May-2015 (click here).
- TRAI Recommendations on “Spectrum, Roaming and QoS related requirements in M2M communication” (click here).