Transmission Division is responsible for formulation of generic and interface requirements, certification and other activities, in the areas of optical transport and optical fibre cables etc.
Optical Fibre Cable
- Optical fibre cables (Metal-free and Armoured).
- Aerial optical fibre cable (Metal-free and Armoured).
- High-count ribbon optical fibre cable (Metal-free and Armoured).
- Non-zero dispersion shifted optical fibre cable (Metal-free and Armoured).
- Optical fibre cables for FTTx.
- Raw materials used in the manufacturing of optical fibre cablesOptical fibre Distribution and Management Systems for Ribbon and Non-Ribbon types of cables.
- Optical fibre cable accessories, viz., Optical Fibre Splice Closure, Termination Box, Fibre Distribution Frame, Optical Fibre Jumpers, Installation accessories for aerial optical fibre cable, Installation Tools.
- PDH Optical line transmission equipment, viz., 34 Mbps and 140 Mbps; 2/34 Mbps and 2/140 Mbps OptimuxSystems and Optical Amplifiers.
- 2 Mbps Primary Mux.
- SDH family – STM-1/4/16/64.
- Cross-connect equipment family – 64 Kb/s, 4/3/1 SDH based, 4/4 SDH based
- 40 channel/80 channel DWDM long-haul/very long-haul, and 16/40 channel Metro DWDM systems.
- 8 channel CWDM.
- Digital Loop Carrier – narrowband/ broadband.
- Transmission synchronisation equipment.
- Test and Measuring Instruments.
- PDH / SDH Analyser, WDM Analyser, DTA, Optical power meter, Optical fibre splicing machines and accessories (Ribbon and Non-Ribbon types), Optical Light Source, Optical Time Domain Reflectometer, Optical Talk Set, Optical Spectrum Analysers, Optical Dispersion Analyser, Ethernet Traffic Analyser.
- Setting up of lab for NGN Test-bed for testing and certification for products and networks relating to Optical Transport.
- Technology approval to C-DoT for transmission productsPlanning and Maintenance Guidelines for Optical Transport Systems.
- Furnishing technical inputs to various other departments and organisations, viz., DoT, BSNL, MTNL, C-DoT, TRAI,; and carrying out technical interactions with ITU, APT, TRAI, TDSAT, DST, DSIR, DIT, TDB, NDMA, BIS and Other Telecom Stakeholders.