WTO-TBT ENQUIRY POINT
The Government of India, Ministry of Commerce has designated Telecom Engineering Centre (TEC) as the WTO-TBT Enquiry Point under the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade of the World Trade Organization (WTO) to answer all reasonable inquiries from other members and interested parties concerning standards, technical regulations and conformity assessment procedures related to telecom sector.
As an obligation under the Agreement on Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT Agreement) of World Trade Organisation (WTO), member countries of the WTO are required to report to the WTO, all proposed technical regulations that could affect trade with other Member countries. For India, Ministry of Commerce notifies the proposed technical regulations, Standards & Conformity Assessment Procedures to WTO, Geneva. Parties in other member countries wishing to make comments on the above notifications can obtain copies of the text from the Enquiry Point.
As an initiative to serve the national stakeholders, the WTO-TBT Enquiry point also provides the interested organizations and individuals an opportunity to review and comment on notifications of other members which can affect their trade interests, by disseminating the TBT Notifications to the national stakeholders.
The number of the concerned TBT Notification should be stated in the request. Comments on the documents should be sent to the Enquiry Point as soon as possible preferably a fortnight before the expiry of the period of comments. The comments would be communicated to the Ministry of Commerce for onward transmission to the concerned Government.
For all queries related to the Telecom Sector: Telecommunication Engineering Center (TEC)
Contact Person: Mr. Shakeel Ahmad- Room No: 357, Khurshid Lal Bhawan, Janpath, New Delhi-110001 India.
Contact Number – +(91 11) 23323203
Fax Number- +(91 11) 26884888,
Email ID for TBT related queries- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Janan is proposing to amend the Ordinance Concerning Terminal Facilities
- Canada has issued Interference-Causing Equipment Standard (ICES-003)
- Canada has issued notice on Lightning Equipment
- Canada has issued standard on Radiocommunications
- Saudi Arabia has issued Technical Specifications of the radio, digital and analog broadcasting receiver for AM/FM/T- DAB+
- This has reference to TBT notification no. G/RBT/N/MEX/398/Add 2 dated 15th March 2019, issued by the Ministry of Economy. The products mentioned in the notification fall under HS Code 8517
- Cuba Established Regulation on Conformity Assessment and Approval of Telecommunications/ICT Equipment
- This has reference to two TBT notifications- G/TBT/N/VNM/139 and G/TBT/N/VNM/92/Add.1 dated 25th and 26th March 2019, issued by the Ministry of Information and Communications
- TBT News: Japan has partially revised regulation for radio equipment.
- TBT News: Thailand has proposed minimum technical requirements for radio communication equipment used in marine mobile service
- TBT News: Switzerland has notified draft revision of the ordinance of the Swiss Federal Office of Communications on telecommunications installations (OOIT).