Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipment (MTCTE)
The Indian Telegraph (Amendment) Rules, 2017, provides that every telecom equipment must undergo mandatory testing and certification prior to sale, import of use in India. The final detailed procedure for Mandatory Testing and Certification of Telecom Equipments (MTCTE) under these rules has been notified separately. The testing is to be carried out for conformance to Essential Requirements for the equipment, by Indian Accredited Labs designated by TEC and based upon their test reports, certificate shall be issued by TEC.
- Letter to all CABs and NABL Accredited Labs for uploading of Test Report Summary
- Extension of Acceptance of Test Reports from Labs Accredited by ILAC Signatories upto 30.06.2021 for Technical parameters
- Minutes of Meeting on requirements of ERs on Cloud/CoTS based server Telecom/Communication products
- Handling of Appeals received from Appellant w.r.t. MTCTE certification
- Notification for launch of MTCTE Phase-II
- Extension of Acceptance of Test Reports from Labs Accredited by ILAC Signatories
- Notification for Requirement of Labelling on Certified Product
- Notification for Exemption from Submission of Test Reports against few Parameters
- Notification for launch of MTCTE
- Notification for acceptance of test reports from labs accredited by ILAC signatories.
- Notification for revision of MTCTE procedure exemptions/relaxations.
- Proforma for seeking of Non-Applicability for few parameters
- Consideration of date of dispatch from foriegn port as date of import
- MTCTE Procedure revision
- MTCTE Certificate Terms & Conditions
- Registration of Importers mandatory on Customs Portal ICEGATE, for submission of MTCTE Certificate
- Documents required for creation of profile in MTCTE portal
- Earlier Orders related to MTCTE
- FAQs (Updated as on 19.07.19)
- Proforma for seeking exemption from submission of test reports against few parameters
- Final MTCTE Procedure (All clarifications/ FAQs issued so far have been merged in MTCTE Procedure)
- List of Test parameters vis-a-vis labs for testing of Telecom Products covered under Phase-I and Phase-II
“The application for certification under MTCTE is to be submitted on MTCTE Portal through which online administration of this procedure shall be carried out. Any queries related to usage of portal may be sent at email@example.com and contact to Sh. Aakash Agarwal at 9599306247.”
MTCTE related updates/ clarifications:
- It is clarified that COTS servers are presently not covered by MTCTE. Application Server and Media Server, for which ERs are put on hold are also not covered by MTCTE. However, as and when notification related to Security Requirements for any equipment is issued, the equipment will come (with proper notification) within purview of MTCTE irrespective of it being dedicated hardware based or server based.
- It is also clarified that Mobile Handsets including Tablets (with or without SIM) are within the purview of MTCTE. Any change in this status like de-notification from CRS list and related detailed modalities shall be notified after these are settled between DoT and MEITY.
- The MTCTE portal is available for trial. Formal notification of dates from which applications shall be accepted on portal shall be notified separately. For trial, user may change the fee amount from indicated value to ₹ 1 and proceed.
- If a user completes his application and report upload in full on the trial portal, he may inform at firstname.lastname@example.org. A trial certificate will be issued for the product.
- The updated TEC Logo has been uploaded on https://www.mtcte.tec.gov.in/downloads. Please refer to the logo for labeling requirements of equipment under MTCTE.