1. Transmission (Tx)Division is responsible for framing the Generic Requirements (GR)/ Interface Requirements (IR)/ Service Requirements (SR)/ S400tandards (SD)/ Essential Requirements (ER) and associated Test Schedule and Testing Procedures (TSTP) for the following:
- Optical Transmission system: OTN, DWDM, SDH, DXC, Multiplexers.
- Optical Transmission medium: Optical fibre cables (Metal free &Armoured) for Underground Duct Applications, Overhead Aerial Applications, FTTH Applications and Power Line Applications.
- Test & Measurement instruments (Optical Instruments): OTDR, Splicing Machine (Ribbon andNon-Ribbon) and its Accessories, Optical Power Meter & Light Source and Optical Attenuator, Optical Spectrum Analyser, Optical Dispersion Analyser, Remote Fibre Monitoring System.
- Optical Fibre Cable Accessories: Fibre Distribution Management System (Ribbon & Non-Ribbon), Optical Splice Closure (Ribbon and Non-Ribbon), Optical Fibre Jumpers, Fibre Termination and Distribution Box for FTTH applications, Installation Accessories for Aerial cables and Installation Tools, Raw Material for manufacturing Optical fibre cable.
- Test and Measurement instruments (For Optical System): SDH Analyser, WDM Analyser, OTN Analyser, Ethernet Traffic Analyser.
2. Co-ordination with national and international standardization bodies, CABs on related matters.
3. Preparation of contributions through NWG-15 and participation in the International Telecommunication Union Study Group 15 for standardization of telecom network related to home, access and transport.
- Technical support to DoT and other Govt Departments, and attending meetings with other Departments/Organisation.
- Providing technical inputs to RTECs regarding testing/Type Approvals/COA of various Optical Transmission products applied by manufacturers and processing the cases for approval.
- Site Visits and assessment of testing facilities of labs for CAB designation.
- Technical Assessment of Test Reports for certification under MTCTE Scheme and Voluntary Testing.
- Conversion of GR/IR into Standards.
- Giving technical inputs to other Divisions regarding Optical Transmission products.
- DDG (Tx) is the Chairman of the BIS LITD-11 committee. Tx Division participates in meetings and provides inputs to BIS.
- Co-ordination for National/ Regional conferences/ seminars, Stakeholders awareness & outreach programs.