Telecom Certification (TC)
1. Policy Aspects of MTCTE.
- Review of MTCTE Procedure.
- Consultation with stakeholders.
- Preparation of Proposals for launch of different phases of MTCTE after analysing quantum of load of Applications and review of testing infrastructure in the country.
- Review of extension of test results/test reports from ILAC accredited test labs as per requirement.
- Resolution of critical issues and challenges in MTCTE implementation through the Empowered Committee.
- Inputs to C-DoT on MTCTE portal development. MTCTE Portal for development for online administration of MTCTE scheme.
- Manpower planning / proposal for staff requirement for launch of subsequent Phases of MTCTE.
2. Operational Aspects of MTCTE.
- Finalization of Essential Requirements (ERs) for various products in coordination with core division.
- Coordination with NIC for Cloud resources for MTCTE portal.
- Coordination with C-DoT on MTCTE portal development issues.
- Coordination with Customs CBIC (Central Board of Indirect Taxes and Customs) for import restrictions for items covered under MTCTE regime.
- Performing different roles for online disposal of applications by OEMs of product certifications under MTCTE scheme and issue of online MTCTE Certificate.
3. Management of TBT Enquiry Point.
- Dissemination of WTO TBT (Technical Barriers to Trade) Notifications of member countries to various stakeholders in India and submitting a consolidated response.
- Notifying our ERs/Technical Regulations to Member countries.
- Responding to WTO Member Countries Specific Trade Concerns (STCs) on MTCTE regime through Department of Commerce (DoC).
4. Other Coordination Activities for MTCTE.
- Coordination work with Department of Commerce (DoC) for inputs on “Notifying Technical Regulation for filling up regulatory gap in India”.
- Development of an online portal for administration for MTCTE.
- Finalization of Essential Requirements (ERs) for telecom products.
- Consultation with stakeholders like Telecom Equipment Manufacturers, Traders and Testing Laboratories.
- Regular interaction with stakeholders including stakeholders meets etc.
- Administration of MTCTE procedure with effect from April 2018 when the procedure becomes operative.
- Preparation of monthly statement regarding certificate issued by TEC, sale of documents and fee collected etc.
- Issue of MTCTE certificates & maintenance of its record and updating on TEC website thereof.