Mobile Technologies (MT)
1. 3GPP Technologies
- GSM, GPRS, EDGE, WCDMA, LTE, LTE-A etc.
- IMT-2020 (5G) and related technologies.
2. Non 3GPP Technologies
- CDMA 2000 1x, EVDO Rev A etc.
- WiMAX & its derivatives, COR-Dect, IMPCS, WLL etc.
3. Formulation of Standards/ Specifications on Mobile Technologies.
4. Adoption of standards as National Standards.
5. Formulation of ERs/IRs/GRs/ TSTPs related to Mobile Technologies and Conversion of GRs/ IRs into Standards.
6. Preparation of white papers/ study papers on latest technologies in the field of Mobile Technologies.
7. National Working Group-13 corresponding to ITU-T SG-13: Future networks, with focus on IMT-2020, cloud computing and trusted network infrastructures.
1. Participation in other NWGs
- NWG 5 corresponding to ITU-R SG 5: Terrestrial Services: Systems and networks for fixed, mobile, radio-determination, amateur and amateur-satellite services
- NWG 17 corresponding to ITU-T SG 17: Security.
2. Evaluation of Lab capabilities for CAB designation.
3. Activities related to Lab visit/site visit for CAB designation.
4. Participation in meetings of ITU, APT, 3GPP, IEEE and other International bodies.
5. Technical Support to DOT.