Activities Summary of “Radio Division”
The Radio Division is responsible for framing of Generic Requirements (GR) for Terrestrial Radio Communication & Ground Equipment for Satellite Communication Systems, Validation/testing of sub-systems thereof, Interface Requirements (IR) for telecom network, field support to BSNL / MTNL and technical support to DoT.
- Preparation and review of Generic Requirements / Interface Requirements, Test Schedule / Test Procedures for Terrestrial Radio Communication & Satellite communication equipment.
- Testing / Evaluation and Field Trials of Radio and Satellite communication equipment to be introduced in Indian Telecom Network.
- Electromagnetic Interference & Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI/EMC)Standard.
- Radio wave propagation Studies.
- Chairman of the National Working Group corresponding to ITU-T SG-5: Electromagnetic & Climate Change.
- Participation in National Working Group corresponding to ITU-R SG-5: Terrestrial Services.
- Technical support to DoT for new satellite based services.
- Participation in TAG (Technical Advisory Group) of ICC (INSAT Coordination Committee).
- Participation in APEX Committee meetings for examining proposals for telecom services and broadcasting services on satellite media from regulatory as well technical angle.
- Participation in WRC Committee’s and APT Forums on frequency co-ordination.
- Participation in Inter-System Satellite Coordination meetings.
- Study of Disaster Communication.
- ISO 9001:2008 for TEC.