Regional Telecommunication Engineering Centres
TEC has four Regional Centres called RTECs. These are RTEC(NR) at New Delhi, RTEC(WR) at Mumbai, RTEC(SR) at Bengaluru and RTEC(ER) at Kolkata. Each of RTEC is headed by a Dy. Director General. The coordination activities and issue of certificate is vested with Regional Coordination (RC) unit at TEC Hq. at New Delhi headed by a Dy. Director General.
Role of RTECs
Regional Telecom Engineering Centres (RTECs) are responsible for testing and certification of products, equipment and systems. It carries out Certification & Approval of Telecom Products against TEC standards/specifications i.e.GR/IR/ER of TEC or applicant’s own specifications. RTECs carry out testing, evaluate the test reports and accord approval for issue of Type Approval Certificate (TAC)/ Interface Approval certificate (IAC)/ Certificate of Approval (COA).
RTECs also carry out evaluation of test reports for MTCTE certification and recommends for issue of MTCTE certificate to TC Division.
Main Functions of RTEC
- Acceptance of application for issue of new certificate or renewal of old certificate against TEC standards/specifications i.e. GR/IR/ER or manufacturers own specifications
- Issue of demand letter for test fee as per latest TEC tariff
- Acceptance of fee and Registration of application for issue of certificate
- Testing of equipment and evaluation of test reports as per TEC standards
- Renewal/ Modification of IAC and TAC for cases related to change of name/address of applicant/OEM
- Handling of queries and interaction with Manufacturers/ Traders/Vendors under their jurisdiction
- Evaluation of test reports for MTCTE Certification and submission of comments to TC Division.
- Assessment of infrastructure for the testing capability of test labs for CAB designation along with MRA division.
- Involvement in testing of Equipment for Technology Approval as per TEC GR along-with concerned Expert Groups of TEC.
- Testing and evaluation of test reports for Proof of Concept (PoC)/ Traffic Trial of telecom various projects.
- Participation in Development Coordination Committees (DCC) and Sub-DCC committees for development of TEC standards i.e. GR/IR/SRs of products.
- Dissemination of knowledge about technological developments and coordination of research and industry in the field of Telecommunication
RTEC (NR), Delhi
|Address:||Telecom Engineering Centre Gate No. 5, Khurshid Lal Bhawan, Janpath, New Delhi 110001. INDIA|
|Phone:||DDG (NR): +91(11) 23739400|
|E-mail:||DDG (NR): email@example.com|
Chandigarh, Delhi, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, J&K, Punjab, Rajasthan, U.P. and Uttaranchal.
RTEC (ER), Kolkata
|Address:||Deputy Director General (ER) Regional Telecom Engineering Centre (East), Ist Floor, BSNL Q/A Building, EP & GP Block, Sector 5, Salt Lake, Kolkata – 700091|
|Phone:||+91(33) 23570008 (O)|
|E-mail:||DDG (ER) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Director (ER) : email@example.com
West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Odisha, Assam, Tripura, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Andaman & Nicobar.
RTEC (WR), Mumbai
|Address:||Deputy Director General (WR) Regional Telecommunication Engineering Centre (West), 2nd floor, D-Wing, BSNL Administrative Building, Juhu Road, Santacruz (West), Mumbai – 400054|
|Phone:||DDG (WR): +91-22-26610900 (O)
Director (WR) : +91-22-26610925 (O)
|E-mail:||DDG (WR) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Director (WR) : email@example.com
Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Gujarat, Daman & Diu, Dadara & Nagar Haveli and Goa.
RTEC (SR), Bengaluru
|Address:||Deputy Director General (SR) Regional Telecom Engineering Centre (South), 2nd Floor, Jayanagar Telephone Exchange, 9th Main, 4th Block Jayanagar, Bangaluru- 560011|
|Phone:||DDG (SR): +91 (80) 26646222 (O)
Director(SR): +91 (80) 26642900 (O)
|E-mail:||DDG (SR) : firstname.lastname@example.org
Director (ER) : email@example.com
Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Kerala, Minicoy, Tamilnadu, Pondicherry & Lakshadweep, Telangana.